To showcase the possibilities of gradients, we have compiled eight great examples from CodePen:
1. Grainy & Gradients Text Using color-mix by LukyVJ: This example utilizes the CSS color-mix property to create a beautiful text gradient that allows the page background to show through. The graininess of the gradient adds a unique touch.
2. Single Element Gradient Background Patterns by Ana Tudor: Conic gradients are used in this example to create unique and intricate patterns for each card element.
3. Animated Radial Gradient Pattern by Loktar: This animated presentation demonstrates the use of gradients as backgrounds. The result is visually stunning, and the code required is impressively minimal.
4. Single DIV Radial Gradient Swirl by Adam Argyle: This example showcases how a single div element can contain multiple colors using radial gradients. Four gradients starting from the edges meet in the middle, creating a colorful swirl effect.
5. AI Prompt UI with Subtle Gradient by Vincent Durand: This artificial intelligence (AI) interface combines subtle gradients with glassmorphism to produce a unique aesthetic that brings life to the page.
7. Magical CSS Blossoming Flowers at Night by Md Usman Ansari: Gradients play a significant role in this “magical” snippet, adding dimension and allowing virtual plant life to fade into black. The repeating-linear-gradient function simplifies the effect’s usage.
8. Complex Gradient Examples by Drew McConville: This snippet combines multiple gradients into a CSS background to create compelling results. Scroll through to see four examples featuring a mix of colors and gradient types, inspiring experimentation.