iMessage, the instant messaging service, enables iOS users to communicate vastly with their contacts using images, and songs, and decorate messages with stickers. With increasing digitisation, iOS enables un-sending and editing messages even after they are sent. However, many users have complained that they face severe issues like images not loading in iMessage.
Meanwhile, if you are facing the same and similar problems, you’re in the right place. In this manual, we’ll list every possible instruction that will help you avoid this.
Why iPhone photos not loading on messages?
If you are constantly facing issues in utilising iMessage, there are chances that you might be missing every possible feature iMessage enabled over standard text messaging.
Generally, these specific message systems run through your regular Internet plan. Hence, this never includes your cellular text plan. Not only this, but they are also end-to-end encrypted and sync across all your iOS devices. Hence, that enables you to acknowledge when the other person is typing.
Also Read – What Happens After 10 Failed Screen Time Passcode Attempts
Instructions to Fix “IMessage Pictures Not Showing”
1. Reload Messages
- Swipe up from the bottom that will refresh the message box.
- Close the box from the tab and then reopen it and try again.
2. Resetting Network Settings
Sending any type of iMessages requires a stable network configuration. However, if they aren’t configured correctly, reset the iPhone’s network settings. As a result, it can be a useful option for “iPhone photos not loading in messages.”
- Go to settings and in the search bar, type “Network Settings.”
- Now scroll and select “reset network settings.”
3. Fix Corrupted iMessage Cache File
There are chances that your cache file might get damaged. In this case, you can clean the iMessage cache which can resolve the issue “photos not loading in iMessage.”
While working around the iOS device, there are chances that it might have stored some bad cache data which had led to trouble. Hence, users can clear the cache to see if it helps.
- Go to settings and select “Network Settings.”
- Tap on Clear Cache.
4. Allow Cleaning Some Space
Meanwhile, your iPhone uses your storage space when sharing or receiving a picture on iMessage. Hence, restricted storage can be one of the major issues for the problem. Try freeing up some space which eventually solves the issue.
5. Check iCloud
We can feel how frustrating it is not being able to check your received photos in iMessages.However, iCloud can store them. Hence, check in iCloud to see the attached photos.
6. Modify MMS Settings
- In settings, click “SMS.”
- Now in the options, click “MMS messaging” and make sure it is enabled. If it isn’t, enable it.
7. Determining your Region and Language
According to the ios functionality, receiving and sending images are available in a few countries including the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, India, Singapore, the Philippines, and Japan.
Hence, determine the region to check whether the iMessage images are working or not.
8. Reload Messages
Nevertheless, after going through the above options, you are still not accessed for pictures on iMessage, try on refreshing this option to repair it.
- Click “…” in the bottom options of any iMessage thread
- After you accessed the “#images” option, click “Edit” on the top left.
- Now, swipe the screen towards the left to find the respective item.
- Later, select “Remove from Favourites” and finally, “Done”.
- Re-enable this page’s “#images” option after turning off iMessage.
In the end, we can recommend that not receiving pictures on iMessages might not be a severe issue.Therefore, you can easily resolve it by using the options mentioned above. Nevertheless, we also recommend checking for updates for both the application and the iPhone. Moreover, often pending updates result in this issue. So, try updating all of them and check if it works for you.